Saturday, March 17, 2007

Welcome remarks

For a long time I ignored the existence of Blogs. I am an "old timer" in matter of internet and this means that I frequently bother my friends and acquaintances with long e-mails containing my opinion about some matter. In the past (meaning about 10 years ago) this was acceptable, but nowadays, with the spam invasion, this became quite annoying (I speak from my own experience of deleting about 100 messages a day, after passing my browser's spam detector). On the other hand, I still want to express my opinions. The solution was the creation of this Blog.

My intent here, as the title suggests, is to present and to discuss my opinion about Science and Technology. This includes higher education, since I am a university associate professor (at the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering of the Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo) and Politics, which affects all of the former.

Have a nice reading!
Cláudio Geraldo Schön

No comments: